Sometimes, the smile you want isn’t always the smile that you have.
If you’ve been putting up with broken, chipped, or worn down teeth, then you know how big the difference can be between the reality of your teeth, and the dream of that perfect (but elusive) smile.
I regularly treat patients who have suffered similar problems. Like you, they think that the worst part of having a smile that’s under-performing is how it affects those moments which make up their lives, particularly important events like gatherings with friends and family, or getting a promotion at work. They’re afraid of being judged by their peers, in and out of the office, and they’re afraid their smile is holding them back from all that life has to offer.
I hate to break it to you, but they’re not entirely wrong. Studies have shown that people can be unfairly judged on their smile when it comes to perceptions of competence and intelligence. Although there is no scientific evidence to suggest that there is a link between, say, those slightly askew or deeply stained front teeth and your IQ, it won’t stop people from drawing their own negative conclusions.
It’s unfair, and it should be unacceptable to you because you frankly deserve more than that.
If you are tired of having a smile that is holding you down and eroding your self-esteem bit by bit and day by day, then you would be wise to consult with your dentist in New Hampshire about how dental veneers can enhance your lackluster smile into the one you’ve always wanted.
The Many Benefits of Dental Veneers
In a nutshell, a veneer is an artificial covering that goes over any tooth that you are sick and tired of causing you problems. They are typically chemically bonded to the underlying tooth, which is prepared in advance to make sure the veneer’s bond is as strong as possible.
They are among the most popular cosmetic dentistry services available to patients today, and for good reason: Veneers can be a quick and painless way to improve the looks and the vitality of a smile that is on the verge of ruin due to neglect, injury, or just too much coffee.
My practices uses only the highest quality porcelain veneers to best match the appearance of natural, healthy teeth, and to replicate the strength of a natural tooth when it comes to resisting wear-and-tear.
Your input is crucial to the success of the procedure. We’ll work together to figure out which shade perfectly matches the coloration of your natural smile, and when combined with a teeth whitening procedure for the rest of your mouth, your smile can certainly become an unstoppable force!
Now, let’s take a look at some of the biggest bonuses to getting a porcelain veneer from Nashua Area Family Dentistry:
- A more attractive smile – The most obvious benefits of dental veneers is also one of its most important. You know how one bad tooth (or several, depending on your case) can drag down the rest of your smile. By fixing that problem tooth, you are raising the bar for your entire smile.
- Longevity – Porcelain is a remarkably strong material. In fact, your new veneers can last you up to 20 years or even longer with smart and regular maintenance. You’ll be able to enjoy a healthier, more confident smile for decades to come!
- Say goodbye to stains – Veneers are more resistant than natural teeth to staining, which means you won’t have to worry as much about your coffee habit. Veneers are also easy to clean, and with the right care, you can keep them white and bright for years.
- Tooth protection – If you’ve been dealing with a damaged tooth, then a veneer can actually act as a kind of shield, protecting the damaged tooth from further harm. What’s more, the bond between the tooth and the veneer will actually seal it down to a microscopic level, effectively blocking any bacteria or acids from attacking the underlying tooth.
- Confidence through the roof – You can’t put a price on something as important as self-esteem, but a new veneer or set of veneers can certainly make you feel like a million dollars. Having a more attractive smile that’s protected from damage can make it easier to approach any situation, personal or professional, with the confidence you need.
Make Your Appointment Today
You won’t be able to discover those benefits if you don’t see your Nashua dentist.
I believe you owe it to yourself to find out if veneers are the right fit for you, so to take that first step toward improving your smile, give me a call at 603-546-7460, or request an appointment through this website by clicking here.