It can happen to anyone. A tooth becomes damaged over time or even during a freak accident. Or maybe that accident or damage is so severe that a tooth comes out completely or needs to be removed to prevent further issues. If your smile needs repairs, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460 to schedule a consultation for dental crowns and bridges.
At our Nashua, NH dentist office, Dr. James E. Kiehl, Dr. Stephen A. Cohen, and our professional team offer a large variety of dental treatments because every patient has unique smile flaws and concerns.
Repairing or replacing damaged or missing teeth with restorative dentistry procedures, like a dental crown or bridge, is especially important for many reasons. The obvious cosmetic concerns are far from the only factor to keep in mind. By visiting us for dental crowns and bridges, you could:
- Improve your oral function so you can chew food more thoroughly and boost your overall health
- Protect a tooth from further damage, avoiding the potential need for a tooth extraction
- Prevent your remaining teeth surrounding a missing tooth from drifting out of place and further compromising your bite
- Stop putting undue stress on your healthy teeth when you are forced to avoid chewing in certain areas where teeth are causing you pain
Even if you damage or knock out a tooth unexpectedly, we may be able to help you on short notice. If you call us by noon, we can typically get you in for a same-day appointment!
Restore Your Oral Health & More With Dental Crowns & Bridges
Maybe you don’t see what the fuss is about. So long as you can manage with the pain, fixing the problem of a less-than-healthy tooth or gap in your smile may not seem like it should be a priority for you. But waiting to address the issue could lead to worse situations. You may even end up losing more teeth or leaving your gums vulnerable to disease.
With dental crowns and dental bridges, we can repair or replace teeth to make your bite strong again and your smile good as new! With our help, you’ll be able to tear into a chewy bagel at brunch, smile with confidence, and stop feeling so self-conscious about your appearance.
A dental crown is a tooth-colored shell that completely caps the portion of a tooth that is visible above your gumline. A dental crown will strengthen and protect a damaged tooth, while also improving the look of the tooth. They can be used for many different situations, including teeth that are:
- Significantly chipped
- Stained (whether from poor oral hygiene, side-effects of certain medications, or for another reason)
- Weakened from decay and/or repeated dental treatments
- In need of extra protection following a root canal
If you do not require a full dental crown, we also offer partial dental crowns, called inlays and onlays.
For those that have completely lost a tooth or require a tooth removal, we can also provide a dental bridge to literally bridge the gap left by one or multiple adjacent missing teeth. If you need a dental bridge, we will:
- Create your replacement tooth by fusing dental crowns together
- Prepare your teeth surrounding the gap
- Attach your dental bridge
We’ll color-match your dental bridge to the rest of your smile so no one will know you’ve had dental work done!
If you are a good candidate, we can also attach dental crowns and bridges to dental implants for a strong, sturdy hold.
So you can know what to expect and make the best choice for your smile, we’ll review all of your treatment options with you.
If there is any chance of pain during a given treatment, we will numb your mouth with an anesthetic so you’ll remain comfortable. For patients that get nervous at the dentist, we can provide various options to help relieve dental anxiety, including:
- Cozy blankets and pillows
- Relaxing music
- Oral conscious dental sedation that you’ll take before your appointment so you can arrive relaxed
- Longer appointments by request so you won’t feel rushed
We’ll do everything we can to make your visit as pleasant as possible!
Don’t think of your smile as a lost cause! Take the first step to getting your strong chompers and gorgeous grin back with dental crowns and bridges from Nashua Family Dentistry by calling 603-546-7460. You can also stop by our conveniently located Nashua, NH dentist office in person or use our handy online form to schedule a consultation or ask a friendly team member questions.