In a perfect world, things wouldn’t get worn down. Your car would still run like new. Your house would be in-style and vibrant from new paint. Your clothes would magically adjust themselves to whatever style is current. And your teeth are white and straight.
This is the real world. Your car needs repairs and a paint job. Your house needs a new kitchen and some landscaping. Those clothes from the 1980s really need to be donated somewhere. And your teeth could use some help.
Sure, you had braces back when you were a teen. Since then, things have changed. Your teeth are a bit crooked, or you have gaps between them. The healthy white has been replaced by a dull, dingy shade. That’s where cosmetic dentistry and dental veneers can help.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry Used For?
Really, any treatment that makes your teeth look better can be considered cosmetic dentistry. But why make your smile look great? Isn’t that just being vain? It can be, but it’s also sensible. People react better when they see a nice smile. Your confidence and self-esteem improve as well. Would it be vain to buy a nice new outfit? No, and neither are dental veneers.
How Veneers Are Instant
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain shaped to look like a healthy version of your real teeth. They are bonded to the front of your teeth. This makes such a dramatic improvement, veneers are often called “instant orthodontics.” Here’s what they can do for you.
- Make crooked and uneven tooth look straight and smooth. One of the biggest reasons for getting orthodontics is to make your smile look even. When your teeth are crooked, your smile look bad. You know that, so you may even start to avoid smiling when you can. Other teeth of yours could have an uneven edge. Maybe they are angled to the side instead of straight down. Maybe the edge is just naturally uneven.
- Veneers can help with all of that. They can be placed over the front of your teeth at a straight angle. Suddenly, crooked teeth look straight again. Dental veneers can also be made a little longer on the edges. They’ll cover the uneven edges of your real teeth with a straight one.
- Change discolored teeth into healthy, white ones. Your teeth slowly but surely collect stains. If you’ve enjoyed a lot of dark food and drink like tomatoes, red wine, and coffee, those stains might have gotten very noticeable by now. Tobacco and plaque can even stain your teeth. There are several cosmetic dentistry treatments that can help, but veneers will do that instantly. How? They cover your stains with a beautiful, healthy white version. As soon as your dental veneers are attached, the stains are covered. That applies even to intrinsic stains, ones so deep that teeth whitening systems cannot help.
- Hide chips, cracks, and craters. The enamel on your teeth is incredibly tough, but nothing can be perfect. Small grooves and craters can form in the enamel over time just like a new car can collect small dents and problems no matter how careful you are. Accidents and injuries can chip or crack your teeth as well. All of these imperfections make your smile look horrible. All of them can disappear instantly with dental veneers. Not only will veneers cover and hide such problems, they prevent them from getting worse.
- Make small teeth look long and normal. Some people are born with teeth that look small. Your gums could be the cause. If they are too low, normal teeth look small. But sometimes your teeth really are small. As with uneven edges, dental veneers can help by being made a little longer as soon as they are placed. Just adding a small bit at the end can make your teeth look great but still feel natural.
- Close small gaps between your teeth. Your teeth are supposed to fit tightly side-by-side. When people see gaps between your teeth, they’re confused. What happened? Didn’t you get braces as a kid? You did, but now problems are slowly creeping back. Instead of wearing braces again for another 2-3 years, try dental veneers. If our dentists make them a bit larger in spots, they can cover small gaps between teeth. Instantly, it looks like you had orthodontic care.
Dental veneers transform your smile as soon as they are placed. With everything they have to offer, it’s no wonder so many people get veneers. Call us today at 603-546-7460 for more information on how dental veneers can make you feel confident again.