Oftentimes patients will come to us and they may have just minor imperfections in their teeth, or they've had bonding year after year for the last 10 years and they want something a little more permanent. Porcelain veneers are a great way to solve that problem.
The veneer is basically just a thin shell of porcelain that's bonded to the outside of the tooth. It's very not invasive to put that on someone's tooth, so we're able to do that with minimal preparation of the teeth, in most cases. Once that veneer is bonded to the tooth, everything's strengthened back to full strength. Veneers, unlike bonding, tend not to pick up stain as quickly, so it's oftentimes more of a permanent procedure for those patients who require it.
Not all cosmetic dentistry treatments take months to show results. Dental veneers can transform your smile in as few as two visits to our Nashua, NH dentist office!
To find out more about dental veneers, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
The biggest benefit of veneers is the instant improvement you’ll see when we apply them to your teeth. Other benefits include:
- Long lasting. With proper care, they can last as long as 20 years.
- Comfortable. Because veneers are so thin, you won’t even feel them!
- Ease of care. To care for your dental veneers, simply brush and floss as usual.
- Low impact. Compared to other treatments such as dental crowns, dental veneers require little modification of your teeth.
Dental Veneers Explained
A dental veneer is a thin, shell-like piece of porcelain that our cosmetic dentists place directly onto the surface of your tooth. We can match any desired shape or shade. Dental veneers are sometimes called “Instant orthodontics” because they can make such a significant smile improvement in such a short period of time!
They can conceal a variety of flaws, including:
- Minor cracks
- Small gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Stains and discoloration
Our Process for Dental Veneers
The typical dental veneer process:
- At your first visit, we’ll discuss your smile goals, match the shade to get the right color, and take precise measurements of your teeth. We send the information to the lab where your veneers are produced.
- During a second appointment, we’ll shave a tiny amount of enamel from your tooth and then securely attach the dental veneer using a special adhesive. We’ll check to make sure the fit is perfect. If you’d like, we can use a local anesthetic during the procedure.
For a dental veneer consultation with one of our top Nashua, NH dentist, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460. Or use our online form to schedule an appointment at our Nashua, NH dentist office.