Your tooth replacement options used to be quite limited. But that’s all changed, thanks to dental implants! We can use dental implants in Nashua to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth.Dr. Kiehl on a Full Arch Implant Restoration Read Transcript
So if we have a patient who does require a full arch replacement for teeth, whether they're badly broken or severe periodontal disease, we're able to replace a full arch of teeth in as little as fix or six implants. And that involves working closely with the oral surgeon, who's nearby us. That process allows for a placement of an immediate temporary. So, in other words, patients will go in for surgery and they'll leave that day with teeth. Which for most people's pretty exciting if they've had a hard time eating, a hard time chewing, this gives them something right away that they can eat, chew with. And that's able to be used while the implants are healing. That process typically takes about four months and then we're able to place the final restoration in. So, I guess very good way for patients to replace a full arch of teeth in as little as five or six implants.
In our Nashua, NH dentist office you can get dental implants with:
- Dental Crowns
- Dental bridges
- Full dentures
- Partial dentures
In addition to their versatility, dental implants look, feel, and function like your own teeth. Unlike other tooth replacement options, you likely won’t even remember you have dental implants!
Want to find out if you’re a candidate for a dental implant? Call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer lots of advantages over other tooth replacements. Among them:
- Appearance. Your dental implants and restorations look so much like your own teeth that no one will even know you have them!
- Ease of care. You just brush and floss your teeth like you did before. With some options, you may remove dentures for cleaning. But you won’t have to use messy adhesives!
- Durability. Dental implants should last a lifetime, with proper care.
- Security. Because implants are embedded in your jaw, you won’t have any unwelcome slippage.
- Functionality. Dental implants give you nearly the same chewing power as your own teeth. You can eat all of your favorite foods!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are made of three parts:
- A sturdy titanium rod that one of our restorative dentist’s places in your jaw
- A piece of hardware called an abutment that we use to connect your dental implant to a restoration
- Your dental restoration, the only part of your dental implant that shows
Depending on the type of dental implant you choose, you’ll receive your implant and wait for your jawbone to heal and grow around it before we attach your restoration. Some procedures, however, allow you to wear temporary replacement teeth out of our Nashua, NH dentist office on the same day you get your dental implant!
Your Options for Dental Implants
You have lots of options for dental implants in Nashua, NH at Nashua Family Dentistry. Among them:
- Traditional implant. These full-size implants can replace single or multiple teeth.
- Full-arch hybrid restorations. These innovative procedures enable us to attach a full arch of nonremovable replacement teeth using as few as four dental implants. The roof of your mouth remains exposed, so you can more easily taste and enjoy your food than with dentures.
- Same-day smile. With this procedure, you can get a full mouth of teeth on the same day you receive your dental implants.
- Implant Dentures. We can securely attach dentures to your dental implant using ball attachments or a bar.
Picking the Right Dental Implant
Are you confused by all your dental implant options? Dr. James Kiehl is a member of the American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD), an organization committed to improving the quality of care for dental implant patients by improving the standards of implant procedures. So he can suggest the best dental implant for your situation!
For more information on dental implants in Nashua, NH, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460. Or use our online form to schedule a consultation with our Nashua, NH dentist.