For certain patients who have teeth that are badly broken down, or again, severe periodontal disease, they may not be comfortable chewing anymore with those type of situations. So we still do make dentures for some of those patients, either just by themselves or a combination of using say, two to four implants that help to attach the denture. I always tell patients, especially if they've never worn a denture, we don't know how they're going to adjust to it. So oftentimes we will make them a denture first off, see how that goes, and then talk about the implants down the road if that's needed. But it still is a valuable treatment for some of our patients.
Dentures are one of the oldest tooth replacement options, and one of the most reliable. Now, however, you’ve got many more denture options to choose from, including dental implant dentures.
Our doctors can answer all of your questions about dental dentures in Nashua, NH. Call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460 for a consultation at our Nashua, NH dentist office.
In the meantime, we’ve highlighted some advantages of dental dentures as well as a few of your options here.
Benefits of Dental Dentures
If you don’t replace your missing teeth, your facial and lip muscles will gradually deteriorate, giving you that “sunken-in” look. Dentures in Nashua will help prevent this. Other benefits are:
- Dentures will help you enjoy normal chewing and eating functionality again
- You won’t be embarrassed to reveal missing teeth when you smile
- Dentures are one of the most cost-effective ways to replace missing teeth
Dental Denture Options at Nashua Family Dentistry
One of these dental denture options will likely be right for you! They include:
- Dental implant. Attaching dentures to dental implants provides numerous benefits. You’ll avoid embarrassing slippage and enjoy a better bite than you’ll get with traditional dentures. We even offer several procedures in which you can receive your dental implants and dentures in a single visit to our Nashua, NH dentist office!
- Traditional removable. Our dental dentures are designed to fit snugly in your mouth, and you can easily remove them for cleaning and other maintenance. We can replace a few missing teeth with partial dentures, or you can get a full arch of replacement teeth. You can even replace every tooth in your mouth with a full set of upper and lower dentures.
- Temporary. We can make temporary dentures for you that you can wear while you wait for your final restoration to be fabricated. No more walking around without teeth!
To find out if you’re a good candidate for a dental implant or other dental dentures, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460. Or use our online form to book a visit to our dental office in Nashua, NH.
Dr. Kiehl is a member of the American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD), an organization committed to high quality of care for dental implant patients.