Most folks don’t exactly welcome tooth extractions. But our skilled doctors make Nashua tooth removal quick, safe, and efficient – if not exactly pleasant. Your comfort is a top priority for our caring team. We’ll talk to you about what we can do to ensure your comfort, then do our best to accommodate you. When you visit us for your tooth removal, you will enjoy:Doctor James Kiehl on tooth extractions Read Transcript
Oftentimes, a question comes up is, Should I save this tooth? Should I remove this tooth? What we try to do is talk with patients about the pros and cons of both understanding that it's a very difficult process to lose a tooth, but sometimes that's the best way to maintain the overall health of the area or the mouth.
- Longer appointment times if needed, so you can fully relax
- Thorough numbing of your mouth using a local anesthetic so you won’t feel pain
- Cozy amenities including headphones, soft pillows, and warm blankets
- Dental sedation to calm any anxious nerves you might have about your procedure
Don’t avoid a needed tooth extraction! Doing so can create larger problems in the future. Call Nashua Family Dentistry today at 603-546-7460 to find out why removing a tooth is no big deal.
If you need an extraction due to a dental emergency, contact us before noon and our doctors can see you for a same-day appointment.
Dental Technology Eases the Extraction Process
Without complications, tooth extractions are typically a quick procedure. We minimize the chances of complications by using dental technology that gives us a complete view of your teeth and mouth.
With our cone beam CT scanner, for example, we can view your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bone in a single scan. So we can avoid nerve endings when we remove your tooth.
We’ll Provide You With Post-Extraction Tooth Care
To minimize any discomfort you might feel, we’ll give you complete instructions for tooth care following your extraction. Our usual instructions include:
- Take your prescribed pain medication and/or antibiotic as directed. Take the full dosage.
- Take it easy for a day or so.
- If you experience swelling, use a cold pack.
- Avoid touching the extraction site.
- After 24 hours, gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water a few times a day. Use about a teaspoon of salt for every eight ounces of water.
If you think you might need Nashua tooth removal, call us today at 603-546-7460 to schedule an appointment.