Have you ever had a bad experience at the dentist? If you’re nervous or overwhelmed because you’ll be undergoing a dental procedure in our dentist office, you’ll feel better knowing you can get dental sedation in Nashua, if you need it. You’ll remain safely relaxed while our doctors complete your procedure.
For more information, call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460.
Oral Conscious Dental Sedation FAQDr. Kiehl on Sedation Options Read Transcript
And for us really, because of the state laws, our option is basically just to write a prescription for the patient at this time; that's typically all we do. I do find that that works for 99% of the patients who we see. If they need something more than that, oftentimes we, you know work in conjunction with oral surgeons we work with, if it's a service they can handle. But, for most of the patients, as I said, just a prescription they take to their pharmacy, get it filled before they come in, yeah it works for them very well.
Here are some questions we often hear about our sedation options:
- What kind of dental sedation do you use? We use a method called oral conscious sedation that involves giving you a pill that you’ll take shortly before your procedure. People sometimes call this “sleep dentistry,” though you’ll be awake but relaxed during your procedure. If you do relax so completely that you fall asleep, we’ll be able to easily awaken you.
- Is dental sedation safe? We’ll review your medical history prior to administering sedation to make sure you’re a good candidate. And our team will carefully monitor you during your procedure. We’ll be able to reverse the effects of your sedation, if necessary.
- How will I feel after my procedure? You’ll still be a bit groggy, so you’ll need to arrange for a ride home. You should experience little if any, discomfort because we also thoroughly numb your mouth with local anesthesia before your procedure.
When You Might Need Dental Sedation
If you avoid visiting the dentist because of dental anxiety, you are definitely a good candidate for dental sedation in Nashua. But there are other reasons to consider it too, including:
- You find it difficult to remain still during a lengthy procedure
- Your teeth are highly sensitive
- You have an extreme gag reflex
- You are getting a lot of dental work done in one visit to our Nashua, NH dentist office
Dr. Kiehl is a member of the American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry (ASIRD), an organization committed to high quality of care for dental implant patients.