- Feel better, not worse, after your root canal
- Oral sedation can help calm your nerves
- We can save your diseased tooth from extraction
“Root canal” is probably one of the most feared combination of words in dentistry. But our dentists use the latest techniques along with local anesthesia to make Nashua root canals quicker and easier than ever before. Not only that, but our compassionate staff does everything they can to keep you comfortable during the procedure. We offer:
Doctor James Kiehl on root canals Read Transcript
Root canals, if you do run into a situation where you are having tooth pain, root canals are oftentimes a great way to alleviate that by allowing us to actually save the tooth, keep the tooth intact, but just remove the area that's causing the problem. Root canals should be a fairly simple process. We've actually had some patients fall asleep during the procedure, and it should be pretty much just the same as having a filling done. No horror stories that you've heard before.
- Soft pillows for relaxation
- Warm blankets to take the chill off
- Music to distract and relax you
- Dental sedation if you need it
Think you might need a root canal? Call Nashua Family Dentistry today at 603-546-7460. Let our skilled touch stop your pain and save your tooth.
Enjoy a Comfortable Root Canal Procedure
You need a root canal when the soft pulpy material inside your tooth becomes infected and inflamed, often causing a toothache. Our dentists will:
- Carefully remove all the infected material using modern rotary technology
- Sanitize the inside of your tooth
- Fill it with a durable material called gutta-percha
- Seal your tooth with composite resin
- Restore it with a durable dental crown
You wouldn’t want a rookie performing your root canal therapy! Fortunately, both of our dentists have surgical experience. Plus, Dr. Stephen Cohen has a special interest in root canal treatment (endodontics). And our talented support staff has 70-plus years of combined experience.
Know Your Root Canal Alternatives
The usual alternative to a root canal is extracting an infected tooth, then replacing it with a dental bridge or a dental implant. Our dentists will help you determine which option is right for you. Some factors to consider are:
- Cost. While the upfront cost of a root canal is generally more than an extraction, the total cost of an extraction is often higher after the tooth replacement.
- Convenience. We can typically complete root canal therapy in one or two visits of about an hour each. A tooth extraction is quicker, but depending on the tooth replacement you choose, you will need to make several visits to our office.
- Appearance. Even the best tooth replacement won’t look and feel exactly like your natural tooth.
Nashua root canals don’t have to cause you pain, especially at Nashua Family Dentistry! Call us today to schedule your appointment: 603-546-7460.