- Feel better, not worse, after your root canal
- Oral sedation can help calm your nerves
- We can save your diseased tooth from extraction
“Root canal” is probably one of the most feared combination of words in dentistry. But our dentists use the latest techniques along with local anesthesia to make Nashua root canals quicker and easier than ever before. Not only that, but our compassionate staff does everything they can to keep you comfortable during the procedure. We offer:
Dr. Kiehl on Root Canals Read Transcript
If we do have those patients crop up with us ... problems crop up with the toothache pain, whether they've had a restoration or had decay on a tooth that starts to involve the nerve inside, oftentimes that leaves us with only two solutions: either to remove the tooth or to try to save it with a root canal. What the root canal procedure does is it removes the nerve from inside the tooth. We seal that backup, so that doesn't become infected, and then we can keep the tooth in the mouth without any problems cropping up down the road. What I always tell people when we tell them, we schedule that appointment, I said, Try not to talk to your coworkers and let them know that because you'll hear the worst stories about root canals from 15 years ago. Honestly, the procedure itself is no more difficult than having a regular routine filling done. It's not uncommon to have people actually nod off a little bit during the procedure. Again, make sure the tooth is comfortable first, but after that, the procedure can be done very efficiently and very comfortable, which is most people's concern.
- Soft pillows for relaxation
- Warm blankets to take the chill off
- Music to distract and relax you
- Dental sedation if you need it
Think you might need a root canal? Call Nashua Family Dentistry today at 603-546-7460. Let our skilled touch stop your pain and save your tooth.
Enjoy a Comfortable Root Canal Procedure
You need a root canal when the soft pulpy material inside your tooth becomes infected and inflamed, often causing a toothache. Our dentists will:
- Carefully remove all the infected material using modern rotary technology
- Sanitize the inside of your tooth
- Fill it with a durable material called gutta-percha
- Seal your tooth with composite resin
- Restore it with a durable dental crown
You wouldn’t want a rookie performing your root canal therapy! Fortunately, both of our dentists have surgical experience. Plus, Dr. Stephen Cohen has a special interest in root canal treatment (endodontics). And our talented support staff has 70-plus years of combined experience.
Know Your Root Canal Alternatives
The usual alternative to a root canal is extracting an infected tooth, then replacing it with a dental bridge or a dental implant. Our dentists will help you determine which option is right for you. Some factors to consider are:
- Cost. While the upfront cost of a root canal is generally more than an extraction, the total cost of an extraction is often higher after the tooth replacement.
- Convenience. We can typically complete root canal therapy in one or two visits of about an hour each. A tooth extraction is quicker, but depending on the tooth replacement you choose, you will need to make several visits to our office.
- Appearance. Even the best tooth replacement won’t look and feel exactly like your natural tooth.
Nashua root canals don’t have to cause you pain, especially at Nashua Family Dentistry! Call us today to schedule your appointment: 603-546-7460.