“Root canal” are probably two of the most feared words in dentistry. But our Nashua, NH dentists use the latest techniques and local anesthesia to make the procedure quicker and easier than ever before.
Not only that, but our compassionate staff does everything they can to keep you comfortable during the procedure. We offer:
- Soft pillows and blankets
- Music to distract and relax you
- Dental sedation if you need it
Think you might need a root canal? Call Nashua Family Dentistry at 603-546-7460.
Our Root Canal Process
You need a root canal when the soft pulpy material inside your tooth becomes infected and inflamed, often causing a toothache. Our dentists will:
- Carefully remove all the infected material using modern rotary technology
- Sanitize the cavity and the canals inside your tooth
- Fill the cleaned-out cavity with a durable material called gutta-percha
- Seal your tooth
- Restore it with a dental crown
Our Experienced Staff
You wouldn’t want a rookie performing your root canals procedure! Fortunately, all three of our dentists have surgical experience. Dr. Stephen Cohen has a special interest in root canals treatment (endodontics). And our support staff has 70-plus years of combined experience.
Our Root Canal Options
The usual alternative to a root canal is extracting an infected tooth, then replacing it with a dental bridge or, dental implant or denture. Our dentists will help you determine which option is right for you. Some factors to consider:
- Cost. While the upfront cost of a root canal is generally more than an extraction, the total cost of an extraction is often higher after the subsequent tooth replacement.
- Convenience. We can typically complete a root canal in one or two visits of about an hour each. A tooth extraction is quicker. But depending on the tooth replacement you choose, you may need to make several visits to our Nashua, NH dentist office.
- Appearance. Even the best tooth replacement won’t look and feel exactly like your natural tooth.
Call Nashua Family Dentistry for more information about root canal in Nashua, NH. Or schedule a visit to our Nashua, NH dentist office using our online form.