- September 10, 2016
You have probably seen the TV shows where they makeover a house. They arrive, and there’s just so much to do to make the house look good again. But with the right team and a little time, they renovate the house and create something truly amazing.
When it comes to your teeth, you might feel like your smile is the “before” version of that house. It works, but it’s not anything to be proud of. At our Nashua, NH dental office, you can a total smile makeover. With our team and a little time, you can get your smile renovated and made into something truly amazing.
What Is A Total Smile Makeover?
A total smile makeover is really just a comprehensive, detailed plan on how to fix all of the cosmetic dentistry problems with your smile. If you have some crooked teeth, stained teeth, and a gummy smile, the smile makeover will include cosmetic dentistry treatments to correct all of that. When your total smile makeover is complete, you will leave our Nashua, NH dental office with a smile that you’ll want to show the world.
What Can Be Done?
1. Whiten stained teeth with Zoom teeth whitening. The enamel on your teeth is hard, so it doesn’t stain easily. But this same enamel is not completely smooth. There are many tiny grooves and craters on your teeth. Normally, they’re too small to notice. But every time you eat or drink something dark (such as tomato sauce, wine, coffee, or tea), a very small amount can get stuck in those imperfections. The only way to get rid of them is through teeth whitening. After getting teeth whitening treatments, your smile will look bright and white again.
2. Reshape an irregular tooth with teeth contouring or tooth bonding. Not everyone is born with perfectly shaped teeth. Many people have small problems: an uneven edge, a crater near the middle of the tooth, and so on. At our Nashua, NH dental office, you can choose between two treatments to help with irregular teeth. With teeth contouring, Dr. Kiehl will carefully remove a little bit of enamel to smooth out rough spots. With tooth bonding. Dr. Kiehl will flow a tooth-colored resin to fill in any caps and correct the shape of your tooth.
3. Get rid of a gummy smile with gum reshaping. You should have a healthy balance between teeth and gums. In other words, people expect your teeth to be so long. When your gums are too big, they cover too much of your teeth and make them look surprisingly small. Gum reshaping is a cosmetic dentistry treatment that corrects these “gummy” smiles. A special laser gently removes excess gum tissue to expose more of the tooth.
4. Restore your gumline to where it should be with gum recession treatment. Sometimes, you can have the opposite problem. Instead of a gummy smile, you have one where the gums are mostly absent. When you smile, people see teeth that seem too big. A toothy smile like this can look just as odd as a gummy smile. To correct this, you can get gum recession treatment. Between gum grafting and laser therapy, you can move your gumline and cover more of your teeth.
5. Cover chips, cracks, and similar imperfections with dental veneers. Over time, your teeth can get damaged. It might not be too bad, but it can easily make a great smile look dinged up. Dental veneers are the workhorse of cosmetic dentistry. That’s because they can do so much. Dental veneers are ultra-thin shells bonded to the front of your teeth. They instantly cover stains, chips, cracks, and more as soon as they are placed. Your smile will look healthy and beautiful.
Why Get A Total Smile Makeover?
The most obvious advantage to getting a total smile makeover is having an amazing smile. However, that brings several other benefits of its own.
- When your smile looks that good, you can feel more confident. After all, you know that you look good. When you are more confident, your self-esteem can rise.
- People like talking to someone with a great smile. After a total smile makeover, you could get more attention socially or even at work.
- You can take years off your smile and face. Of course, you should be proud of how old you are. But there’s nothing wrong with looking better and younger, right?
- Some people have cosmetic dentistry problems due to an accident or injury. Everytime you look in the mirror, you are reminded of that accident. A total smile makeover gets rid of those reminders so you can finally move past it.
Getting a total smile makeover will have a huge impact on your life, and you’ll finally have a smile that you’ll want to show the world. Call us at 603-546-7460 for an appointment.